LG is breaking all stereotypes and making the impossible possible! Its newest addition to its line of smartphones includes a dual-screen phone. The second screen is at the back of the main screen and is revealed on the clockwise rotation of the latter. LG has also come up with various tweaks in the software to ensure smooth functioning and enhanced multitasking experience. A possibility of such a phone was first announced in the first half of 2020. However, it felt vague and unrealistic. But, the phone is finally here!
LG Wing – Specifications
Naturally, this is the first phone in the manufacturer’s Explore Project. Without any doubt, its dominant feature is the second screen, which pops out and sits perpendicular to the main screen.
- 32MP pop-up camera, which is hidden at the top of the main screen.
- Further, its core specifications include a Snapdragon 765G chipset with 5G, 8GB RAM, 256GB storage, and a 4000mAh battery.
- The main screen is a 6.8inch OLED screen with a 2460 x 1080 resolution.
- On the other hand, the second screen is a 3.9inch OLED screen with a 1240 x 1080 resolution.
- The camera features are marvellous in this model. The Wing has a rear camera setup, featuring a 64MP main camera, 13MP ultra-wide shooter, and a 12MP “Ultra-Wide Big Pixel” camera.
- The second screen can serve as a grip to give a “Gimbal Effect” overall.
Also Read : Design Of The New LG Smartphone
The second screen
LG has admitted that certain apps can be used on both the screens simultaneously. However, the same app cannot be used at once. The number of apps on the second screen is limited as well. Hopefully, with new updates, more significant features will be released.
An early pre-release clip showed the main screen being used as a GPS, while the second screen was used to make calls and listen to music. In another video, a racing game was being played on the main screen while the second screen displayed the game’s track route. There is much more use of the small screen than what we already know.
Furthermore, LG has made some significant effort on the durability as well. It announced that the hinge mechanism should last for 200,000 swivels, at least. Additionally, it has also added a special material to the back of the main screen. The material ensures that there are no scratches on the second screen, and the pop-out is smoother and more efficient.