After the foundation of Selpic, it has focused on the development of new technologies that mostly pin on digital printing. They have also designed “Selpic P1”, which has been quite a success. Selpic P1 is a handheld printer that is also affordable and light in weight. With WiFi availability, a person mostly depends on mobile devices. For example, a person enters a café, takes out his smartphone but can’t print with a regular immobile printer. This is where Selpic P1 comes in handy. It can help in printing whenever, wherever. Now, Selpic has come up with another interesting printer design. Selpic has introduced a cost-effective 3D printer named, “Selpic Star A”. They have used crowdfunding to fund the project and this was made possible by “Kickstarter”. Selpic claims that it can convert imagination into reality.
Selpic P1 Specs
- Ultra-compact design,
- Weight: 4.4 lbs,
- Size: 10.2 x 9.4 x 9.8-inches,
- Step Assembly,
- Open-source customization,
- Intuitive 4-button operation: User can choose to reset, feed filament, release filament, print (start, pause or cancel),
- Printing resolution of ±0.1 mm,
- Axes Accuracy: 100 μm for X-axis and Y-axis, 50 μm for Z-axis,
- Direct extrusion technology. Because of which there is no filament stringing and oozing.
- Layer thickness: 0.1~0.2mm,
- Brass nozzle for smooth and stable extrusion,
- It has a low-noise motor. It keeps the noise below 60 decibels and that helps to improve user experience.
Selpic handheld printer In case of a power outage
If there is a power outage, Star A will stop automatically. After the power supply is restored, Selpic Star A will continue from the point where it stopped, saving a lot of effort.
- Hotbed: it can raise the temperature up to 100℃ for better printing,
- 4-inch full-color touchscreen: to replace its buttons,
- Laser head: used as an engraver, or to etch different surfaces like plastic or wood,
Since it has versatile features and a number of add-ons, it is a perfect piece for encouraging DIYs. It’s a flexible device and it can push people to develop their creative side.
Selpic P1 price and Launch
It will soon be launched by Kickstarter. It will hit the markets with a lower discounted price, $99 approximately.