MediaTek Inc. is a fabless semiconductor company based in Taiwan. It fabricates and distributes chips for handheld Mobile devices, high definition televisions, wireless communication and navigation systems. This company also has a policy to provide its customers with reference designs. MediaTek has 25 offices throughout the world and it quite successful. MediaTek are now upto a new launch. The company had a summit yesterday and they teased a new premium 5G processor. The processor will be launched soon. The name of the chipset wasn’t released but it will compete with other flagship chipsets after its release. As per Chinese leaker, Digital Chat Station the chipset will release soon. In the Weibo post, the leaker revealed that the processor of chipset will have model number MT689X. MediaTek will announce about the launch and other developments regarding the chipset by the end of this year. And there is a possibility that MediaTek might install it in a phone too, most likely a smartphone from a Chinese Company.
Some key details related to the chipset were revealed by MediaTek in the Summit
- Processor: 6nm. It will be built by TSMC,
- It will feature Arm Cortex-A78 cores clocked at 3.0Giga Hertz,
- Same CPU frequency and architecture as the Exynos 1080. (Exynos 1080 is scheduled to be announced at an event in China this week).
Along with “Dimensity 700”, MediaTek has also announced two processors designed for Chromebooks.
For mainstream devices: MT8192 which is a 7nm processor
For premium models: MT8195 which is a 6nm processor.
MT8192 will hit the markets first. Asper reports it will appear in Chromebooks in the first quarter of 2021, followed by MT8195. MT8195 will power premium Chromebooks, tablets and smart displays.
Specifications of MT8192
- 4x Cortex-A76 + 4x Cortex-A55
- 7nm processor
- APU 2.0 which has up to 2.4 TOPS performance
- It has support for WQHD displays with 60Hz refresh rates or FHD+ displays with up to 120Hz refresh rates
- Mali-G57 five-core GPU
- 4K HDR video decoding
- UFS 2.1 storage
- Can support up to two displays simultaneously
- Support for PCI-Express Gen 3 and USB 3.2 Gen 1
Specifications of MT8195
- APU 3.0 with up to 4 TOPs performance
- 6nm TSMC processor
- Mali-G57 five-core GPU
- It can support PCI-Express Gen 3 and USB 3.2 Gen 1
- Can support up to three displays
- Dolby Vision 7.1 support
- Quad-channel 2133MHz LPDDR4X
- DSP (Dedicated Audio Digital Signal Processor)
- 4x Cortex-A78 + 4x Cortex-A55