Breaking the barriers, Jio is all set to launch another intriguing feature for its Postpaid Plus users. Jio is soon becoming the first company to launch in-flight data and voice calling. The company has decided to launch this feature in collaboration with Panasonic Avionics Corporation subsidiary, AeroMobile. However, this plan will be available for international flight passengers only. Domestic flight passengers may be able to avail of this feature shortly.
Jio’s in-flight plans
The company has introduced three plans so far. After subscribing to any one of them, users will be able to make calls, use the internet, and even send text messages during their flight. As mentioned earlier, these plans are only available for Postpaid Plus users. They are:
- Rs. 499 plan: Provides 250MB data, 100 outgoing calling minutes, 100 text messages.
- Rs. 699 plan: Provides 500MB data, 100 outgoing calling minutes, 100 text messages.
- Rs. 999 plan: Provides 1GB data, 100 outgoing calling minutes, 100 text messages.
Each pack is valid for 24 hours, starting from the first usage in the flight. The plans automatically get activated once the plane reaches 20,000 ft and above.
How to use Jio’s in-flight packs
The said service is very user-friendly. The following steps will help with the activation of the pack.
- After take-off, once your flight is at a stable height, switch on your mobile phone and disable Airplane mode.
- The smartphone will then get connected to the AeroMobile network. Kindly note that the network name may differ from device to device.
- In case the smartphone doesn’t get connected automatically, you will have to select the service provider manually. You can do so through the career settings in your device.
- Further, enable data roaming on your phone.
- Once you complete the above steps, you will receive a welcome message along with other related information. Now, your device is ready to use Jio’s in-flight services.
In which airlines can users avail of the said facility?
Currently, the services are only available to international flight passengers. The in-flight services will be available in 22 airlines, namely, Virgin Atlantic, Uzbekistan Airways, Turkish Airlines, TAP Air Portugal, SWISS, Singapore Airlines, SAS Scandinavian Airlines, Malindo Air, Malaysia Airlines, Lufthansa, Kuwait Airways, EVA Air, Euro wings, Etihad Airways, Emirates, Egypt Air, Cathay Pacific, Biman Bangladesh Airlines, Asiana Airlines, Alitalia, Air Serbia, and Aer Lingus.
Jio’s Postpaid Plus plan is a recent addition to the company’s services. It provides customers with free access to Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar, and many similar platforms and services. With the new in-flight services, they are mainly targeting the business audience and frequent travelers.