Apple is always known for its high market demand. This time the company has revealed a new generation M1 chip for its latest Mac computers. This M1 chip is based on a 5nm process. The introduction of this chip will help in improving the performance and battery life of personal computers. This device has unveiled along with the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro notebooks, and the Mac mini desktop computer. All these gadgets are powered by a powerful M1 chipset. The main aim of the company is just to improve the good provision in terms of battery life. The life is improved in such a sense that the device is capable of withstanding up to 15 hours of web browsing and 18 hours of video.
M1 chip Specs
- This M1 device is manufactured with the silicon material.
- This is the first personal computer chip which is based on the 5 manometer process technology.
- It is packed with 16 billion transistors
- It has an 8 core CPU which consists of four high performance cores as well as four high efficiency cores.
- This 8 cores are capable of running nearly for 25,000 threads simultaneously
- The GPU is made in such a way that it can handle heavy tasks without any issues.
- It has 2.6 teraflops, this helps in the fast integrated graphics in personal computer
- This has 16 core architecture which is capable of 11 trillion operations per second
- It delivers upto 3.5x faster CPU performance
- It delivers up to 6x faster GPU performance
- It delivers up to 15x faster machine leaning
- It also gives the 2x longer battery life if we compare this with the previous generation Macs.
- Thiss device is the world’s fastest CPU and integrated graphics
- With the help of this chip the M1 technologies are combined into a single SoC.
- This chip gives the new level of integration.
- This helps in the smooth and greater performance and more power efficiency
- It also has unified memory architecture
- This unified architecture brings together high bandwidth, low latency memory into a single pool.
- This also helps in the SoC to access the same data without even copying in between the multiple pools of memory.
- This chip also uses the technology like Secure Enclave, Apple’s latest image signal processor, a storage controller with AES encryption.
This chip by the Apple has lot many features and specifications which is beneficial for the Apple users.